[DeTomaso] Stock brake calibers & other musings

Will Kooiman will.kooiman at gmail.com
Tue May 14 12:11:11 EDT 2013

One other interesting noteŠ

I was repairing a leaky brake line near the master cylinder one evening.
I pulled the hard line away from the master so I could attach a flaring
tool.  I pulled a little too hard and the whole line snapped from under
the car.  I wasn't pulling like a gorilla.  It certainly shouldn't have
snapped.  There was a lot of rust on the line where it snapped.  I didn't
think brake lines rusted.  Maybe I'm remember it incorrectly.  I spent the
next 2 hours under the car replacing the line from the master to the rear
tee.

It could have just as easily broken while I was on the road.  That would
have been fun.

But echoing your comments, my brakes were fantastic once they were working
properly.  And I didn't even rebuild the calipers.
--
Will