[DeTomaso] Hand Brake

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun May 12 12:04:41 EDT 2013

In a message dated 5/12/13 7 39 6, tmshinro at aol.com writes:

> Now all I need to know is what types of arm exercises to do I need to take
> up so I can pull up the handle to the last click?
>

>>>Keeping in mind that you would not park the car on a slope in neutral,
you can perhaps relax a bit with the parking brake.   Rather than killing
yourself (and risk breaking something on the car) trying to set the brake so
that it will hold the car on a vertical slope, know that parking the car in
gear will accomplish 90% of what you need, and a bit of parking brake will
just do the job that much better.

I have a gently sloping driveway, and no parking brake.   My car can sit
just fine in the driveway.   Lori's car has 95K miles on the engine, and
compression isn't what it used to be.   Her parking brake is temporarily disabled
too.   When the engine is hot, it will rest comfortably in the driveway,
but we learned that if left to sit overnight, in the morning the car will have
rolled several feet and the back wheels will be in the street.   So we
always park her car with a chock.