[DeTomaso] Weiland Water Pump

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sat May 11 15:28:11 EDT 2013

In a message dated 5/11/13 10:22:22 AM, demongusta at me.com writes:

> To All:
> Recently we discussed water pumps, mechanical and electric. Well, I have a
> Weiland (#8209 - Action-Plus) and I didn't hear anyone mention this pump.
> Is there a reason? Any opinions? All the competition versions are for small
> block Chevys.

I've used this pump since '91 with no real problems. Its a paddle wheel
pump and works fine on the street. Two weak spots: the cast lower water hose
boss is thin and can crack if you overtighten the necsaary pipe plug (I welded
a plug in). The second is adding a backing disc to the impeller for more
pump efficiency- it made zero difference in engine temp. FWIW- J Deryke