[DeTomaso] Looking for parts

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sat May 11 14:36:24 EDT 2013

In a message dated 5/11/13 10 58 52, demongusta at me.com writes:

> Ron:
> I saw your email regarding parts. Do you know where I can get a front
> engine cover?
>

>>>Are you talking about the removable portion of the firewall?   Realize
the 1971 Panteras had a completely different size/shape/retention system, and
they will not interchange with the later cars.   The catalog says the
changeover took places with car #2000, meaning that 1000 cars were built with the
early style, and 5500-plus with the later style.

That said, it should be VERY easy to find one.   The stock piece is
discarded when the flat firewall conversion is performed, so there are literally
hundreds of them floating around in people's garages. All you have to do is
specify which type you need, and you will likely get numerous offers from
people here on the forum.