[DeTomaso] SemiPC: Lojack for Classics Promotion- One Last Thought

Chris Difani csdifani at gmail.com
Sat May 11 02:29:37 EDT 2013

Guys:

At the possible cost of insulting Larry, the point of the Lojack system is
that the* police retrieve* your *stolen* vehicle.  If Larry's rental is
stolen, and he was too cheap to pay for the extra insurance, Larry's only
choice will be to venture among the deep dark downtown denizens, armed only
with his smile, and charming wit to reclaim his stolen car.

.... and we all have a really good idea how *that's* going to turn out....

Personally I want the *police* to bring my car back.  I like Larry, he's a
great guy, but I'm not sure how far his smile and humor will take him..
especially if he's in an "english as a second language" 'hood...

There are a lot of tracking systems, lots and lots of them and I'm sure
they're great when you want to know what the wife's doing, how fast the
kids are driving, or just where your mother-in-law really is.  But the
Lojack system is designed solely to *assist local law enforcement recover
stolen vehicles*.  Nothing else.

And at a one time expense of roughly $300 for this device, it's a nice
touch of added security.  I can spend $300 in one day on AN fittings, and
still not have the right fitting when I get home (Larry probably got it)...
but spending $300 to help safeguard my Pantera for the next 10 years,
that's a good deal in my estimation.  These units are entirely self
contained, and self powered with a 10 year battery, and are totally
isolated from your car's electrical system, or electronics.

The installers are very careful in their installation (if they do something
wrong, they get "failed". Four "failures" and they get *fired*).  Very
precise in what they do since their job is riding on how well they do it.
If the car is stolen, and recovered, the Lojack system is inspected by
Lojack management to ensure that the system operated correctly, and was
installed correctly.  These guys are very careful in what they do... very
professional.

And as always, I'm just the messenger here...  Or, as Larry says, YMMV....

Chris

Chris Difani
'73 L #5829 "LITNNG"
Sacramento, CA