[DeTomaso] A/C saga continues

Tom Shinrock tmshinro at aol.com
Tue May 7 16:12:09 EDT 2013

I've been spending the last week since I got back from Phoenix cleaning up my car and getting it ready to drive to St Charles next weekend for the Great Lakes Pantera Spring Fling.   I swear I've taken out 50 pounds of red southwest dust from the car.

I just changed the oil/filter and when I was running the car to distribute the oil I decided to check out the A/C again.  Based on what I see, as long as I limit my usage of the car to just idling in the garage with the outside temp around 70 I can claim that my A/C works.  I was seeing air vent temps below 30 degrees.  This is after I switched back to my stock condenser fan.  I'm real curious how it will work when I'm in the sun, with temps in the 80s and driving at highway speeds.  We are heading into another cold front so we'll be back in the 50s for the tail end of the week and weekend, so won't be able to test the system for a while yet.  I hoping my drive to St Charles will bring some hot weather to see how it works.

Stay cool,

Tom