[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 107, Issue 6

J. Sean Keane jskeane6 at gmail.com
Mon May 6 23:49:36 EDT 2013

On 5/5/2013 2:56 PM, MikeLDrew at aol.com wrote:
>> >I have always been a strong critic of the various LED light kits that
>> >were sold in the past.   I think the folks who put them together were
>> >well-meaning, but they were very much missing the point.

I bought my LED light kit from John Taphorn in May of 2011, and I have
been very pleased with it. It's one of the best upgrades I've made to my
Pantera after installing a modern fuse block. I don't have any problems
with the lights being clearly visible in broad daylight, but then
perhaps my kit is new enough to be of one of the later generations.

I also replaced all of my inside indicator bulbs with LEDs, except the
alternator charging indicator (I was too lazy to figure out how to set
up the correct resistance for that to read properly with an LED bulb).
They are *much* brighter than the incandescent bulbs I replaced. For me,
the big advantage to LED bulbs is that I won't have to replace them in
my lifetime. As far as I was able to figure out, the front turn signal
indicators require the removal of the wheel to gain access. I'll be
happy not to have to do that again.

Best Regards,

J. Sean Keane