[DeTomaso] NPC: Internet based TV

michael@michaelshortt.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Mon May 6 17:05:15 EDT 2013

We have decided to use Direct TV for the next 24 months, by then, we hope
that systems now being tested in other countries may be available here,
the most promising one is in Sweden and delivers HD quality TV on over
2,000 channels for 12.00 a month via the internet.

The roadblock in the US is that we do not have fiber optic internet
delivery to most homes (yet) and this system uses about 12GB per second of
bandwidth.

On a positive note, Direct TV will be installed on Wednesday and by 2 p.m.
I hope to walk into Comcast ffices with a stack of their equipment
and share my immense pleasure with them as I turn it all back in. This will
be followed by celebratory margaritas at my house as I surf the newly
available
motor head channels.

Michael

BTW, Direct TV is already 1/3 cheaper and I will have 3 additional rooms
covered plus a DVR that can hold 800 hours of programming, so now I can
keep all of my F1 races, Spirit Cup, NHRA
and other programs until I have time to actually view them.  It actually
can record 5 channels at once, sweet.

--

Michael L. Shortt
Savannah, Georgia