[DeTomaso] New Owner For '75 Euro GTS #7445

shawkins777 at comcast.net shawkins777 at comcast.net
Sun May 5 14:39:21 EDT 2013

Welcome to our obsession.

Steve

----- Original Message -----
From: "Vinh Ly" <vinh.d.ly at gmail.com>
To: "forum, Pantera" <detomaso at poca.com>
Sent: Sunday, May 5, 2013 8:09:20 AM
Subject: [DeTomaso] New Owner For '75 Euro GTS #7445

Hello Everyone,

I am pleased to announce that I am the proud new owner of 1975 Euro GTS
#7445. I picked it up from the Cape in Massachusetts yesterday from the
previous owner who had enjoyed it since 1989. I had a 2 hour drive to get
acquainted with the car while driving it to New Hampshire. It drove and
handled like a dream. I could not ask for a better day to listen to the
Cleveland Orchestra.

Along with the car came a thick file folder of documentation and receipts. I
have been able to trace some of the history of #7445. It was shipped from
West Germany to the US in 1983. The owner at that time registered the car
in California. It would stay there until 1989 when it was sold and moved
to New England.

#7445 has a light restoration, it has a two tone silver paint job. Stopping
power is provided by ’85 vette brakes. The windows have the Vader window
lifts which other owners say are premium. The heads were rebuilt with
stainless steel valves and three angle cut. The steering rack was also
rebuilt.

I have to thank Larry W. who I met at a Merrimack, NH car show a couple
years back where I first saw his ’74 and which rekindled my interest. He
also let me ride along with him to the 2012 Tutto Italiano Car Show in
Brookline, MA which increased my determination in locating one.

Here is a link to pictures of #7445.

https://picasaweb.google.com/102203242005561828067/7445?authkey=Gv1sRgCILZr8KksZLKUw

<https://picasaweb.google.com/102203242005561828067/7445?authkey=Gv1sRgCILZr8KksZLKUw>

Thanks,