[DeTomaso] BaT Exclusive: Mr. Vespa's 1971 Intermeccanica Italia Project#more-

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Fri May 3 20:17:09 EDT 2013

In a message dated 5/3/13 8 19 25, adin at frontier.net writes:

> One of these always seemed to be a good companion for a Pantera.
>

>>>A Pantera owner named Santo up in Oregon has an Italia as well, and has
brought it to Concorso Italiano.   Really nice car!

Haven't heard anything from him in many, many years though....

Oh, and there was also an Italia at this year's POCA Fun Rally.   Too bad
you made the drive all the way from Colorado but stopped one block short of
it, or else you would have seen it. :>)

Mike (reminds me of a great line from George Gordon-Smith, commenting on
the UK De Tomaso club members who take time off from work, book ferries, drive
their cars (never their Panteras though) across England, sail across the
channel, then drive across France for the 24 Hours of Le Mans--and then never
leave the hotel bar, just sitting around and watching TV, only minutes away
from the track.   He said, "It seems an awful long way to go to NOT watch a
race!")