[DeTomaso] NPC - Temp Extremes

Daniel C Jones daniel.c.jones2 at gmail.com
Thu May 2 10:46:15 EDT 2013

> Can't believe I was suffering near 100 degree heat a couple of days ago
> and now it is in the low 40s with rain in Iowa.  At least we aren't
> getting snow like some of state is.

I'm near St. Louis and the weather has been crazy here, too.  16" of snow
one week, snapping one foot diameter tree limbs and pulling bushes and shrubs
out of the ground, then 80 degrees the next week, followed by a tornado (touched
down within 5 miles of my place), then a hail storm (damaged my Lincoln which
only has liability coverage) with a round of flooding mixed in.  My route to
work has been closed due to the flooding and the detour takes me back through
the area where the tornado hit.  My route to work has re-opened but much of
the low land around the Missouri River is still flooded.  Rode my bike through
one of the flood zones around a local airport (Smartt Air Field ) last night.
Lots of farmer's field are still flooded but the water has started to recede.

Dan Jones