[DeTomaso] chassis stiffeners - opinions

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed May 1 16:59:18 EDT 2013

In a message dated 4/30/13 16 10 53, michaelsavga at gmail.com writes:

> I have them all, in the trunk, in the engine bay, up front and in the
> rear
> underneath.
> IMHO its a complete system that really makes the car feel very solid.
>

>>>You only have one system, which has four parts; likely sourced either
from Hall Pantera (where it comes as a kit) or from Bobby or Doy Byars (who
both sell complete, ready-to-bolt-in versions of the same kit).   Larry
Stock's system is completely different and has two parts.

I have the four-part system, with only the rear parts installed at the
moment, and they really do seem to make a difference.   I think the upper, rear
portion does about 95% of the work, with the other three components doing
the remaining 5%.

I am quite skeptical about the two-part system that Larry sells; I know at
least one owner who runs his car very hard, who quietly removed Larry's
setup and replaced it with the four-part system from another vendor.   The
science behind the two-part system seems dubious to me...and to others as well,
apparently.