[DeTomaso] Detomasos and Panteras in Italy.

michael@michaelshortt.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Sun Mar 31 13:40:32 EDT 2013

I can safely say that the general public knowledge of Detomaso and Panteras
is far greater in the USA than in the land of their birth,  I have been
here a week, visited half a dozen toy and die cast stores and NOBODY knows
what a Detomaso or a Pantera is,was or if they ever existed.
These people for some reason also seem to prefer Alonzo over Massa, I guess
if you live in 400 year old apartment building, eat crappy pizza and send
your mother and grandmother out on the street begging, one should expect
that you would prefer a crybaby, cheater and major league whiner who knows
more than any team he has ever driven for. Can't stand Diaz ( his real name
).
Nothing but $#@^boxes on the roads, I've seen one 911 and nothing else
worth washing ( which apparently is a common sentiment, because all the
cars are filthy dirty ).  I visited Northern Italy 20 years ago and it was
a different country comapred to here, perhaps it still is or perhaps it is
the age that we live in, but this is not the Rome of Gregory Peck, more
like Slumdog Millionaire. I hate to sound like an arrogant American ( and I
am ), but I sure miss the way it was not so long ago.

Michael

--

Michael L. Shortt
Savannah, Georgia