[DeTomaso] Restoring an L Dash and Consoles

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Mar 31 00:49:20 EDT 2013

In a message dated 3/30/13 18 30 30, mbefthomas at comcast.net writes:

> I know there are those of you out there (Mr.
> Drew in particular) who hate the look of the original single-pod dash, and
> would wonder why anyone would spend that kind of money to restore an ugly
> dash.
>

>>>I don't know where you ever got that idea?

The early cars have a dual-pod dash while the later ones have the
single-pod.   I converted my early car to a later L-model interior, because at the
time I preferred it.   If I had it to do all over again, I probably would have
purchased an aftermarket fiberglass single-pod dash and upholstered it in
Alcantara, like a Euro GTS.   Or, I would have just left it alone with the
dual-pod setup.   But I like all three styles of dash.   Each has their pluses
and minuses.