[DeTomaso] Restoring an L Dash and Consoles

Mike Thomas mbefthomas at comcast.net
Sat Mar 30 21:30:16 EDT 2013

I'm in the process of finding the right restoration for the dash and two
console pieces for 6328.  I've talked with a company in SoCal called Just
Dashes that restores a lot of molded vinyl interior pieces for restorations
of all kinds.  They will restore the pieces to original, and my quote for
all three pieces is ~$2500.  I know there are those of you out there (Mr.
Drew in particular) who hate the look of the original single-pod dash, and
would wonder why anyone would spend that kind of money to restore an ugly
dash.

One of our local members brought a dash over last Wednesday for our meeting
that had been done by Just Dashes a few years ago, and it is beautiful, in a
very stock original looking way.

Has anyone had all three pieces restored/covered recently, and what did they
pay?  What did they have them covered with?  Anyone else who has used Just
Dashes, and what was the experience like?

Thanks
Mike Thomas