[DeTomaso] Soda Pop

Tom Shinrock tmshinro at aol.com
Tue Mar 26 16:24:45 EDT 2013

Bill said:

I have never heard the term, "soda pop" used - most Texans say,
"soda water," which includes every brand, flavor and size of soft drink.

I've lived in the midwest (Nebraska and Iowa) my whole life and we have always referred to carbonated beverages as "pop".
Only on occasion did someone (usually someone that wasn't from here) refer to the drink as "soda pop".  The dispensing machines
were called "pop machines".

Folks up north (Minnesota and Wisconsin) referred to the drink as "soda".

Never heard the term soda water before.

Tom
5186