[DeTomaso] shifter u joints->windshield installation

B. Seib oldwheel at shaw.ca
Tue Mar 26 14:31:20 EDT 2013

If you have a real original type windshield gasket, the correct original
style sealer for it is 3M 08509 Automotive Bedding and Glazing Compound.
This old school compound is the non hardening type originally specified for
use with gasketed type windshields.
That's what I used and I'm happy with it. It won't ruin the gasket if you
need to remove it again either, unlike the "glue it in" types.

Barry

----
Mikael mikael_hass at mail.tele.dk
Mon Mar 25 22:03:07 MST 2013

I've got a new gasket from Roland, should be the good stuff. And a pro to
help me. So I've spent the money to make it easy, but would also like the
gooy stuff on both sides of the gasket to avoid leaks. Recommended?

Mikael