[DeTomaso] Brake Rotor Replacement Advice please.

SOBill at aol.com SOBill at aol.com
Sun Mar 24 18:31:10 EDT 2013

The  main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing.

Do the best you can  with what you have where you are.

Have fun  today,

sobill at aol.com

In a message dated 3/24/2013 2:51:26 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
davel at emspace.com writes:

Do  I press the studs out one at a time? (I hope so or that's a bunch of
tool fab)

Is  it OK to press on them directly or do I need to fab a little adapter
to the  depression in the end?

Do  I press them into the new rotor and then bring the hub up with the
wheel  nuts?

rotor and hub must be together with the holes  aligned as the stud presses
into both parts. Note that the studs have a  flat spot on the inboard flange
which must be properly aligned so the stud can  be fully seated and can not
rotate.

thanks in  advance.
dave

Detomaso  Forum Managed by POCA