[DeTomaso] Need a machinist lifeline

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Fri Mar 22 01:15:42 EDT 2013

First: mount bellhousing loosely on block before boring anything. Use a
dial indicator attached with a magnetic base to the flywheel or crank flange,
and indicate in the bellhousing center hole to specs. You may need to shift
the bellhousing around for best fit. Once that's done, you can mark up the
bellhousing or the block- or both, and begin repairing things. But you need a
baseline first or the transmission may not be concentric to the crank.

Also, Alfas have the worlds weirdest pilot bushing system; I've rebuilt one
(OK- I made one from scratch because the old one was worn completely thru
one side....) Good luck- J Deryke