[DeTomaso] front valance

The Goyaniuks andriykoisg at yahoo.ca
Wed Mar 20 18:31:29 EDT 2013

My car was/is in the same situation as yours.  The lower corners of my valence were dented-in.  On the right side the banged in portion extended to the bottom of the valence (horizontal portion) that it also dented the lower part of the square cross-member.

I was thinking of doing what you are considering - to the point that I purchased a Johnny Woods replacement valence.  But, after discussing it with body men and others, they recommended that I pull out the dents in situ.  They said, and I ultimately found to be true, that it was less work that cutting, rewelding and body finishing a new piece.

I used a stud welder/dent puller to pull out the dents and a body hammer.  The horizontal dents that were only visible if someone got under the car I left as is - with some work, those could have been pulled out as well but I decided that if it cannot be seen, why worry about it.

HTH

BG