[DeTomaso] front valance

michael frazier red3644 at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 20 16:28:48 EDT 2013

 Bill Gaino wrote:  Michael, They make a weld through primer that is intended to be used on the inside of the part. Since you have it off you may as well protect it from the inside out, since that's where our cars rust anyway. Spray can at NAPA. Bill 1362

Exactly!  6643 is my 4th Pantera and the 2nd one that I've gone deep into for paint and restoration.  It really needed only paint but these things come apart
so easily.  The farther I get into it the more amazed I am to see how rust free it is.  Everywhere I've removed paint I've found clean shiny metal...floor pans, rockers, rear suspension etc.
Dennis Quella said it was a rust free car, but I usually assume that means "relatively rust free for a Pantera".  I'd post photos but they would
be like porn to most Pantera owners.  :-)  It lived in a heated garage in Colorado and led a colorful life from what I've been able to learn.

All that said, I'm sealing all the interior surfaces and cavities in the car with rust preventatives and or encapsulators.

Thanks!
Michael Frazier
Gruppo Rompiculi Corsa