[DeTomaso] Best suitable source for fan wiring upgrade?

Daryl Adams damaadams at aol.com
Mon Mar 18 20:48:24 EDT 2013

When I added the modern sucker fans to my car I just created a new circuit. I was replacing the water tubes under the spine, so I added a new conduit in there next to them. I then ran a new #10 wire with in-line fuse directly from the battery, through the conduit and up to up to the load side of a couple of new relays which I mounted where the original fan brackets had been. The original fan wires connected to the switch side of the relays, the new fans to the load side. Now there is plenty of good juice for the fans and minimal current going through the dash switch. The current isn't measured, but everything works well and I don't have to worry about the old wiring.

Daryl