[DeTomaso] Best suitable source for fan wiring upgrade?

SOBill at aol.com SOBill at aol.com
Mon Mar 18 18:02:20 EDT 2013

IMHO,

All loads in the car, except the starter motor, should come  thru the
ammeter. Connect a heavy wire to the ammeter terminal which does not go  to the
battery. See:
_http://www.panteraplace.com/Electrical/Ammeter%20Wiring.jpg_
(http://www.panteraplace.com/Electrical/Ammeter%20Wiring.jpg)

If you connect the fan power cable to the battery terminal of the  ammeter,
the ammeter will indicate the current going to the fans as if it were
charging the battery.

The current drawn by the fan will be very high when the fan starts  and
then the current will drop down when the fan comes up to speed. The current
draw when the fan is running will depend on how much air it is  moving ......
i.e. the load on the motor.

The main  thing is to keep the main thing the main thing.

Do the best you can with  what you have where you are.

Have fun today,

sobill at aol.com

In a message dated 3/18/2013 1:21:14 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,