[DeTomaso] Need right front bumper for 72 P

Perry Lindsey nckzck at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 17 23:35:11 EDT 2013

>From what I recall, the pushbutton cars, and the early 1972 flat deck cars (mine is #2443) came with the square corner front bumpers. Apparently, the factory was attempting to use all of the early parts (not beng wasteful) so some of the early cars have a mixed bag of early parts.

Cheers!

Perry Lindsey

________________________________
 From: The DeTomaso Registry Guy <detomasoregistry at gmail.com>
To: 'Corey Price' <coreyjprice at gmail.com>
Cc: detomaso at poca.com
Sent: Sunday, March 17, 2013 8:20 PM
Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Need right front bumper for 72 P

Don't '72 cars have round corners?  My '71 would have had square corners but
I have round corner bumpers.  Oh well.

If you need rounded corner Pre-L bumpers, Steve Wilkinson has quite a few
brand new but black, not chromed.

Corey

Corey,

What I call "Flat Wrap" style bumpers were phased in during Feb & March of
1972.

While an exact chassis number is sited (perhaps in the Ford book) I've found
cars on both sides of the number with "conflicting" bumper versions
installed.

Chuck