[DeTomaso] Craigslist Pantera - there and then gone.

Jerry Knotts knottsj at galstar.com
Fri Mar 15 20:44:56 EDT 2013

Got a call from a friend this morning about 11:30.  He is going to paint
a car for me in a few weeks and we were talking about exactly when.  He
mentioned that he had called me because also he had found a 1971 Pantera
on Craigslist this morning.
The Pantera was in Claremore, Oklahoma.  About 30 miles away.   He said
that it looked rough but was only $11,500.  I looked up the ad and It
looked really rough in the pictures.  It looked like with $60,000 and
two years it would be a solid $40,000 car.  I called on the car.  Don't
know for sure where the guy was but He gave me the name and number of
his mechanic north of Claremore.  That is where the car was located.  He
told me that the car had been in a barn in Texas for the last twenty
five years and he had bought it a few months ago.  He said that he did a
lot of Mustangs and that he wasn't able to get the car in his shop and
he was going to cut his losses and sell if for what he had in it.  He
also said that the engine had been started about 2 years ago.  I called
the mechanic and left a message at lunch time.  Had and appointment in
Bartles at 2pm and called him back at 4pm.  He said the car was sold and
the ad had been removed.  I didn't get any pictures or the serial number
of the car but it has moved on.
Apparently someone was excited enough to make the deal today.

Oh well, lost out on a possible parts car.
jerry