[DeTomaso] Paint question

Daniel C Jones daniel.c.jones2 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 11:49:17 EDT 2013

> I've heard that there are some new hotrod finishes that are satin but can even be waxed...or satin clear coats
> that are very smooth.  Any experience or recommendations here?

I used PPG Deltron gloss black on my red Pantera.  On the white, I'm going with:

 Dupont Hot Hues Hot Rod Black  # HHM-6400
 Activator # HHA-6405
 Reducer medium temp # HHR-7075

Mike McDougal has this on his blue Pantera and it looks great.
According to Dupont it's a "single stage 2K matte topcoat with
excellent satin gloss and color retention.  Designed to achieve the
required build and appearance in two coats, it provides outstanding
chemical resistance, smooth appearance and may be air dried, or force
dried by infrared or low bake."

Mike paints and does bodywork for a living and says it covers very well.

Dan Jones