[DeTomaso] Oil dipsticks that can actually be checked!

Rob Dumoulin rob at dumoulins.net
Thu Mar 14 15:58:27 EDT 2013

Me again. I bought a tube from a vendor and besides the fact that it is a
used handle welded to a used speedo cable welded to a used dip stick end
and costing a premium, the length is a good 5" shorter than my original
one.

That 5" is measured from where the tube enters the block to the end of the
dipstick. You guys said original was off,  but that far?  Does anybody have
the right answer to the following question:

How long should the dipstick extend into the block past where the fill tube
leaves the block? If I knew that answer I could tell if the vendor's
contraption is right.