[DeTomaso] What Do You Tell People - It is a DeTomaso

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Mar 14 12:45:54 EDT 2013

In a message dated 3/14/13 9 38 34, red3644 at hotmail.com writes:

> Now wondering if anyone ever called him "Al".

His American nephew, William Ellis (from Isabelle's side of the family) who
lives on the east coast, and owns a variety of De Tomaso cars, used to take
his summer vacations in Modena as a kid, and he called him "Uncle Al".   He
had dinner with me and Chuck Melton at Monterey one year, and had us
completely enthralled with great stories of his time over there, including working
on the Deauville assembly line.

He told a great story of riding with Isabelle when she got into an accident
with Alejandro--they were nose-to-tail (I think in a Longchamp and a
Deauville) and got into a fender-bender with one another.   Imagine how that
turned out! :>)