[DeTomaso] What Do You Tell People - It is a DeTomaso

michael frazier red3644 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 14 12:38:16 EDT 2013

I think the confusion stems from the fact that the very first De Tomaso open-wheel race cars were referred to as "Isis", by De Tomaso.  So the logo on those cars was the "Isis logo".  I've have scans of period magazine articles and advertisements where the De Tomaso Formula Junior is referred to as the Isis--I'll send one to you.
Mike

I'm familiar with those cars.  I prefer to think it was the DeTomaso logo on the Isis car, like the DeTomaso logo on the Mangusta or Pantera.  :-)
And then there are the references to an Isis / Isabella connection.  I'm sticking with the branch story from Al himself.
Michael
Now wondering if anyone ever called him "Al".