[DeTomaso] What Do You Tell People - It is a DeTomaso

michael frazier red3644 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 14 12:20:51 EDT 2013

> for a long time, Corvette has been its own division within GM, like GMC,
> Cadillac, and the former Pontiac and Oldsmobile....
>
> Is that not true? Or am I wrong about that--is Corvette still,
> technically, a Chevrolet?
>
> Mike

Corvette branding is interesting.  It is obviously a Chevrolet but those who work on the car are definitely on their own so to speak.
The design and development seems to take place totally separate from the other vehicles.  Separate assembly plant too.  For years, if you called any office
that dealt with the cars they answered "Corvette" rather than Chevrolet.  The C5s I've owned had just one bowtie logo on them BEHIND the
rear license plate.  The only other reference is on the digital display that says "Corvette by Chevrolet" for one second when you turn the key on.
You should read "All Corvettes are red".  It's a great story about the develpment of the C5 and the politics within a major car company and the hurdles
involved in buliding a low volume supercar.

Michael Frazier
Gruppo Rompiculi Corsa