[DeTomaso] NPC

gow2 at rc-tech.net gow2 at rc-tech.net
Thu Mar 14 10:42:23 EDT 2013

Thanks Sean,

That will be a good place to start. I had posted some info about this ont
he PI forum. I have a Cushman which is a POS but it is incredibly handy
for me. It has a 2200lb load rating with springs designed for concrete and
warehouse. I run it back and forth between the laser shop and my shop. The
suspension was so rough it was knocking the battery out of the battery
compartment.

I removed the leaves and converted it to 4-link and air bags:

http://www.rc-tech.net/cars2/cush/c1.jpg
http://www.rc-tech.net/cars2/cush/c4.jpg
http://www.rc-tech.net/cars2/cush/c5.jpg
http://www.rc-tech.net/cars2/cush/c11.jpg

I love the layout, the thing hauls a ton of crap. I have hauled engines,
220v welders, metal we have to load with forklift, etc. I haul sticks and
yard debree to the back of the wood stacked 4 foot above the cab.

It just does stuff the 4x4's can't. I was originally looking for an older
Gator but even they do not haul as much. The new gators have even smaller
bed with higher bed height.

If I touch this POS it I will be re-doing everything and I just asoon
leave it as is. As it is I have to clean the plugs every month so I know
the engine at least needs attention.

I had another Cushman I pulled the engine, axle and trans from. It will
run about 45mp. I would like to do at least 30. It also has a PTO off the
rear axle which is cool.

At this point I am looking at building a from scratch vehicle of my own
desired configuration. The idea of electric really is desirable. I do not
have long distance and once operating it simplifies the whole vehicle
especially when my wife grabs it, runs down the battery and can't figure
out if it is rich or lean.