[DeTomaso] What Do You Tell People - It is a DeTomaso

michael@michaelshortt.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 10:17:28 EDT 2013

I have overheard everything at car shows, I have learned to just let it go
unless they are talking to me directly,  jumping to to correct an
automotive Cliff Claven is just an exercise in stupidity.

Some of these are,

The last Karmen Ghia,
A painted Delorean
A kit car,
A VW kit car,
It is made out of fiberglass,
It originally came with the engine in the front,
a poor man's Ferrari,
Some of them have Chevy engines, you could order it that way from the
dealer, my uncle had one,
Not very fast,
had a reputation for catching on fire,
They stopped making the engines so the car was cancelled,
Lamborghini

etc.

I always exp[lain it as a DeTomaso Pantera, the UN of Sports cars,
Italian body, Dallara designed chassis, America designer, Ford Engine,
German gearbox, some British electrics, Italian gauges,
then go into the modifications that i have made to my car which are
numerous.

Michael Shortt