[DeTomaso] What Do You Tell People??

Will Kooiman will.kooiman at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 22:29:25 EDT 2013

I agree.  That's one of my favorite things about driving an interesting
car.

I don't get many comments on the Viper.  Most are smiles and "nice car".
They don't stop to talk, because everyone knows what it is.

I stopped for gas in Arkansas (Hwy 5 between Cabot and El Paso).  A guy
asked how fast.  I said I always drive the speed limit, officer.  He said,
no really, how fast does it go?  I said, I really don't know.  I rarely
drive very fast, and if I did, this car would kill me.  When I was
leaving, he begged me to "get on it a little."  I let up after shifting
into 6th gear.  There was nobody on the road, and it was a nice smooth
road.  I know I left him with a grin.

I haven't driven the Pantera in a long time, but I had lots and lots of
"what is it" stories.  I always gave them a brief history.  I'm sure they
appreciated it.

We should put all of these stories in a book, perhaps with illustrations.
--
Will