[DeTomaso] What Do You Tell People??

Sean Korb spkorb at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 21:20:57 EDT 2013

I'm with Mike, though many times it does become a conversation and that is best.

For people that imagine it as an American car, I tell them the truth:
The Pantera was designed and built in Italy by Ghia and Vignale.  Ford
made a deal with DeTomaso to supply him with motors and Ford would
receive a portion of the vehicles built to sell in the US.  They were
sold at Lincoln-Mercury dealers from 1971 to 1974 and continued to be
imported to the US throughout the '70s and '80s.

If they seem in good humour about it, I can just go on and on :)  But
if I've already bored them to death, I think that's the essential
information.  Pretty much what I tell people even if they only ask
"What's that?"

sean