[DeTomaso] 351c blocks

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Tue Mar 12 16:17:33 EDT 2013

In a message dated 3/12/13 8:12:32 AM, rimovp at gmail.com writes:

> I have been away from all things Pantera for a while.  Is there really a
> 351c replacement block from Dart and has any one built up a motor with one?

As Dan said, not from Dart. There are two sometimes-available brand new
iron 351-C blocks- the first from Tod Buttermore, and the second and slightly
more available from Mark McEwan (MMC Racing). Both have oiling upgrades etc
but externally they look like the Ford blocks used in NASCAR in the '70s.
Both have been professionally built up by machine shops and are not cheap since
they are as-cast. I believe theres a 3rd from Australia. Both U.S. places
also offer the same blocks in aluminum, so unless you need the stiffness of
iron for an over-1000 bhp Cleveland, most guys are going for the 50-lb
lighter alloy blocks at not much higher cost. If the Dart is attractive to you,
there are still a couple of NOS Fontana aluminum Cle-vor blocks around. FWIW-
J Deryke