[DeTomaso] MSD fuel injection

Mikael mikael_hass at mail.tele.dk
Tue Mar 12 15:45:49 EDT 2013

" Still doesnt run as well as my carb'd engines"

My $0.02: Don't get EFI because the throttle
response/driveability/power/whatever is not satisfactory with a carb. A
well-tuned carb engine can do all those things as well as an EFI engine. And
EFI is more complex and more expensive. Now, there are arguments to getting
EFI of course. It normally lowers fuel consumption and pollution. And it
stays "in tune" longer than a carb. But it can also leave you stranded. Lots
of pros and cons. But don't get EFI because your carb (or ignition timing)
is out of tune. Fix it.

Of course there's one big advantage to EFI compared to a carb that appeal to
a lot of us I think. It's a new challenge. This is a community that likes to
try something new and different, right?

Mikael