[DeTomaso] Clutch master swap out

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Tue Mar 12 02:07:22 EDT 2013

In a message dated 3/11/13 1:16:48 PM, mikael_hass at mail.tele.dk writes:

> I've removed the clutch master twice, once with Roland in a parking lot
> in France (he brought a spare :-)), once alone in my garage. Both were
> approx. 1+ hour jobs. It did involve laying on your back with your head near the
> pedals removing snap ring etc., might curse a bit. And if you're alone,
> you need some tool affixed to one side of the two bolts while you unscrew
> from the other side.
>
> No need to remove pedal box or anything dramatic. Enjoy...
> Mikael

I agree with Mikael; its not impossibly difficult, with 2 additions: that
hair-fine snap-ring will take wing and land in the darkest possible area of
the floor if you are the least bit careless. A magnet might be a good
addition. And some of the pins have worn a groove in them against the clevis,
making the withdrawl more difficult once the snapring is gone. Good luck- J
Deryke