[DeTomaso] Clutch master swap out

The DeTomaso Registry Guy detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 13:52:52 EDT 2013

David,

There is more than one article on the clutch master at the registry website:

Using the site map:
http://www.detomasoregistry.org/ProvaMoSiteMap.asp

http://www.provamo.com/Members/TechInfo/ClutchOverview.asp

http://www.provamo.com/Members/DeTEvents/2008ClutchMaster.asp

http://www.provamo.com/Members/TechInfo/ClutchMasterSlave.asp

http://www.provamo.com/Members/TechInfo/ClutchEffortReductionKit.asp

Including video of the foot box assembly.

Chuck

It looks like I am due for a clutch master and scanning the Ford repair
Manual makes it sound like you just unbolt the old one from the trunk area
and bolt the new one in (after draining fluid).

This seems over simplified from my viewpoint as there must be a clevis pin
in there having a snap ring holding it to the clutch pedal shaft and
looking from inside the footwell I dont see any easy way to get at it from
inside the car.

What is the known best method for this swap out?  Do I have to pull the
whole pedal box out?

Thanks

David
No virus found in this message.