[DeTomaso] Puzzle for the gear heads

David Fisher fisher95020 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 10 21:37:49 EDT 2013

Yes,  Its pretty quick.  Has a Subie 2.5 fuel injected variable valve with
a Stinger EMS.   Its a bit overwhelming for the trans /chassis in first,
hence the short shift before getting hard on the gas.  I bought it from an
aerospace engineer who had an eye for detail and did a great build,
starting with one of the better kits.   I drove it home from Phoenix (to
San Jose)  in Feb...  A great bonding experience,  with plenty of debugging
en route.

Its the rawness of the car that makes it so endearing,  and that little
motor pulls so hard to 7200.   There is something to be said for getting
rid of mass.