[DeTomaso] MSD Fuel Injection

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Sun Mar 10 01:59:40 EST 2013

Why would it say you can't use hard lines for the fuel system?    Seems
dumb (in a front engine, rear gas tank car) to run rubber hose all the
way from the back of the car to the front.  On the Pantera it may be no
issue, but still, why does it say you can't use any hard line?

The system is essentially comparable to FAST EFI or a Powerjection III
system, except a lot more expensive.  Is it worth the extra expense?
Caution needs to be applied prior to purchase.  Although you can install
with no return line, there is a chart in the install guide that helps
you determine if you need a return line or not... you might.

One problem I see with it, is the fuel feed would end up on the
passenger side away from the fuel tank.  I think you'd need to run a
180* an-fitting to get it pointed in the right direction.

Overall, it looks slick but is it worth the extra expense?

Here is the install manual:
http://www.msdignition.com/WorkArea/DownloadAsset.aspx?id=15032386224

Asa

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired