[DeTomaso] La Pantera Bianca coming out of retirement!

davek detomaso.pantera at verizon.net
Sat Mar 9 02:24:02 EST 2013

Driven by Larry Perkins, this Pantera qualified 6th today at the Philip Island Classic ... less than 1 second behind a Porsche 956!

Results posted here: http://www.adaps.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/PI_Qualifying.pdf

Should be an interesting race!

Dave

Feb 9, 2013 08:35:49 PM, detomaso.pantera at verizon.net wrote:

There was a write-up on this car in one of the Australian car magazines circa 2010. The driver, Kevin Bartlett, was quoted as saying "Unfortunately he (owner, Paul Halstead) didn't have a big enough budget to test and develop it. So we could have done a lot better with it; there was plenty that we could do to it".

Seems to be a common thread in the history of Pantera race cars.

Even so, this car dominated the field in both 1985 Austrailian GT Championship as well as the national sports car series.

Dave