[DeTomaso] Dumb Techno Question: Charcoal Cannister ?

Christopher Kimball chrisvkimball at msn.com
Thu Mar 7 14:20:27 EST 2013

I had one of those little anti-spill tubes with the little plastic ball in it that was attached to the vent tube on my gas tank.  The ball got stuck, preventing the the tank from venting, and as the car started using gas, the tank began collapsing.  When I went to fill up, and I began to unscrew the gas cap, there was a loud hissing sound coupled with the sound of the metal gas tank trying to expand back to its regular size.

I ended up just running the vent hose from the top of the tank to the bottom of the car's frame, terminating into a small gas line filter so no dust or debris can get sucked into the tank.  I think my tank only holds 17 gallons now, however...

Chris

Sent from my Windows Phone