[DeTomaso] Repair Costs - New vs. Old

Mikael mikael_hass at mail.tele.dk
Wed Mar 6 14:35:36 EST 2013

I second that. I had my MME CHI engine drop a valve in 2012. Really drop it, valve head broke off, turned 90 degrees and got launched into the port. New valves, rocker arms, piston, parts bought at MME, head fixed locally, gasket set, bearings just while it was out. Just over $2k and my time of course. My friend has a 348, he doesn't dare race it, can't afford the Ferrari tax either.

BTW, just saw that Ferrari is the world's strongest brand, above Coca Cola. Any thinking person understands that when you shop for something with a strong brand, you pay a relatively high price for thin air. The stronger the brand, the lower the value for money.

Mikael