[DeTomaso] Oil dipsticks that can actually be checked!

Ed Pike erjpike at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 10:56:08 EST 2013

Someone correct me if i am wrong....

Pantera s are running a stock 6? Quart pan or an aftermarket 10 quart pan.
Drain the oil, replace the filter, put the correct amount of oil in it (6
or  10) , run it for 10 minutes , let it sit for an hour, check the oil
level with the current dipstick and mark that level on the stick??

To save yourself from dropping the pan.

Thanks,

Ed.....
That's cool.  That¹s what I was talking about.

Now, you need to show the length from where the dipstick tube enters the
block.  You can't go by the total dipstick length, since the tube length
could vary ­ especially with a non-Ford dipstick like the Lokar.

--
Will