[DeTomaso] Oil dipsticks that can actually be checked!

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon Mar 4 23:38:13 EST 2013

In a message dated 3/4/13 19 37 18, will.kooiman at gmail.com writes:

> My point is you don't need to remove your pan.  You just need the proper
> length for any 351C.
>

>>>You need the proper length for any 351C mounted in a *Pantera* (which
discounts all the front-engined cars, and those Panteras which still have
incorrect dipsticks).

I actually performed this experiment a few months ago, shot photos, did a
writeup here and posted links to them in my POCA album.   You can see how a
Mustang dipstick, too-long Pantera dipstick, and proper-length Pantera
dipstick compare, here:

The full mark should be just under two inches below the bottom of the crank
throw, with the block level.