[DeTomaso] Oil dipsticks that can actually be checked!

Michael Cox coxmichaelt at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 19:41:54 EST 2013

Mike Drew said:
> What you're supposed to do is to remove your oil pan,
> install this new tube and stick, and see how far it goes
> into the engine.   If you're happy with it, then you put
> the oil pan back on and live happily ever after.

If we trust the original dipstick, can't we just fill up to the
full line then install new dipstick/tube and see where the
mark wants to be? I'm pretty sure some simple math
and a tape measure could get the overall length relatively
accurate if we suspect trimming is necessary.

   --mike (lazy in Redondo Beach)