[DeTomaso] GT5-S Conversion

Sean Korb spkorb at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 08:21:18 EST 2013

I'm struggling with this myself, but for a different car.  My '68
Mustang is much sought after because it is popular to do a Shelby
GT500 conversion.  The conversion raises the value of the car
significantly if it is done correctly (a $25k car is then worth $40k+)
and if you need to reshoot the paint anyway it seems academic.  I'm
still on the fence about it.

But there were hundreds of thousands of Mustangs and the conversion is
still uncommon.  The Pantera is already a supercar and making it a
superduper car has some merits appealing to your *own* tastes and
happiness.  I don't think it will decrease the value of the car, it
just won't increase it very much.  On the other hand, when reselling
it may very well appeal to the right buyer.

Do it for what makes you feel best about the car.  I think just
driving it does that for me :)

sean