[DeTomaso] Oil dipsticks that can actually be checked!

Charles Engles cengles at cox.net
Sat Mar 2 18:33:57 EST 2013

Dear Rob,

                 Ummm.  The normal dipstick tube runs up the front of the
engine (behind the firewall) and then curves back mostly over the right
valve cover.  The end of the tube  is at the rear right side of the engine
and is pretty easily visible.   I get the impression from your description
that your situation may not be stock and may really be a PITA.   It might be
that simply going to a normal stock unit (tube and stick) would solve the
problem.  I suspect that all the vendors have them.

                               Warmest regards,  Chuck Engles