[DeTomaso] Oil dipsticks that can actually be checked!

Dick Koch arkoch at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 2 17:55:16 EST 2013

Rob, I used a Lokar dipstick setup with some simple modifications where
I used part of the original dipstick instead of the Lokar wire stick,
and got them to throw in an additional bracket that Lokar supplies with
the kit.  It is a high quality unit that aside from looking good is very
easy to get reach. The following picture shows the initial installation
but does not show the second bracket installed.  The flexibility of the
dipstick conduit allows you to install it in different locations
depending on your engine configuration.

http://www.panteraplace.com/Tech%20Info/Koch%20022001%206.jpg

The Lokar web site has some good illustrations of the products they
offer, with the engine dipstick section at:

http://www.lokar.com/product-pgs/eng-dipsticks/eng-dipstick-main.html

I dealt directly with Lokar at the time.  As with everything, the prices
have gone up since I installed mine some 13 years ago.

Dick Koch - Atlanta