[DeTomaso] Clutch Adjustments

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Fri Jun 28 01:17:32 EDT 2013

In a message dated 6/27/13 16 39 20, fredhen at online.no writes:

> anyone have an idea how I get the clutch pedal to take longer out? Today I
> have to push it all the way down to the bottom (or more)to disconnect it.
> In
> fact, I have to double tap the pedal to not get skarape sounds into the
> transmission. I have replaced the slave cylinder and bled the system well.
> The problem is that before I changed the sylynder it was enough to push
> the
> pedal into 2-3cm before it hit bottom to relise the clutch. and I want me
> back there. is it the length of the shaft on the slavesylinder so has to
> be
> adjusted farther out??
>

>>>That's exactly right.   You should easily be able to feel with your foot
when the clutch starts to release.   You should have no more than 1/2 or
3/4 of an inch of 'free' travel with the clutch pedal before the system starts
to operate on the clutch.   If you have longer free travel, the solution is
to lengthen the pushrod on the slave cylinder.

This assumes that your master cylinder is not bad, and that you have bled
the system fully....

Good luck!